What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your device and which let us make your experience better and more efficient. They allow us to recognize your device and browser, and store information which we deem of importance for the improvement of our services.
Types of cookies
- Session Cookies and Persistent Cookies
- Session cookies are stored temporarily on the memory of your devices while you are visiting the website and are erased once you close your browser.
- Persistent Cookies are stored for a predetermined amount of time, which varies from cookie to cookie. It is longer than the session cookies; however they also expire after some months. They aid us to understand whether you have previously visited our website or similar sites in the past.
- First Party and Third Party Cookies
- First Party cookies are set directly by the website or by any of the subdomains of the website.
- Third Party cookies are set by websites not managed by us, such as our subprocessors or other technology partners.
- options for logging in that will authenticate you on the website, keep your login session active, and remember how you prefer to store your login information;
- tabbed information that keeps track of the tab or specific part of the website you are looking at;
- regional content to deliver material specific to a region and keep track of time zone settings;
- language preferences to choose and remember the language in which material is shown;
- the capability of the device to deliver various content depending on the browser device being used;
What cookies do we use?
We may store cookies on your device if they are necessary to enable us to offer and provide our services. They are also required for you to navigate through the website and web application and benefit from all the available functions. These cookies cannot be switched off and are set for very basic options on the website, such as logging in, forms and set preferences such as timezone or languages.
These cookies are placed to aid us in understanding how you interact with the available options on the website, which parts you use the most, and how you engage with our services. This helps us create statistics of usage and the amount of time you spend on the website. These statistics will ultimately help us to improve our website and any services we offer on it.
Social Media Cookies
These cookies are set for social media services. They enable you to share parts of the website on social media with friends and networks. These can track some of your actions which then helps to build up a profile of your interests.
Targeting or Advertising Cookies
These cookies are used to serve you with advertisements that may be relevant or of interest to you when you are browsing on the internet. They are mostly placed by third parties whenever you interact with their content on our website.
Interest-Based Advertising – Cookies are also used to collect information about your interests and preferences for the purposes of what is called “interest-based advertising”. It is for companies to send you offers about products and services tailored to your inferred taste and needs. You may turn off these cookies; however, you may still receive advertisements, with the difference of these not being specifically tailored to you.
How to block cookies.
You may stop or restrict the placement of cookies and other tracking technologies, such as pixel tags. You do this by blocking them on your device or by removing them and adjusting preferences on your browser. This may vary from device to device and from browser to browser.
Please see the links below for guidance on how to modify your web browser’s settings on the most popular browsers:
Once you correctly block cookies on your browser, parts of the website may become unavailable to you or may otherwise not function properly.
How to opt-out of third-party cookies and targeted ads.
To opt out of tracking analytics placed by Google, you can opt out by using this form. This works for all websites that use Google’s services to track and gather analytics data.
To understand and responsibly manage cookies that enable interested-based ads we strongly recommend that you go to the website of the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) or to the website of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI).
To learn more, please visit https://youradchoices.com/ . Many of our third-party service providers that serve interest-based advertisements to you across our services are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI), or they follow the DAA’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising. You can choose to opt-out directly from these third parties by visiting their opt-out pages on the NAI website (http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ ) and DAA website (http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ ). However, please note that if you “opt-out” you will keep seeing links and online advertisements; however, they will not be specifically targeted to you or tailored to your interests.
Changes to this Policy.
3001 South Washington Street
Grand Forks, ND 58201
1-800-229-2451 (US & Canada)
+1 701-757-3400 (International)